- Health & Safety
- Safety Programs
- Safe Sitter Program
Safe Sitter® Program
The Scott & White Trauma Injury Prevention Outreach is offering one-day Safe Sitter® courses to provide young teens (ages 11-14) life and safety skills needed to be a knowledgeable and responsible babysitter.
Course topics include:
- How, why, and where injuries happen so they can prevent them
- How to decide the seriousness of a problem and if someone is injured
- How to get help in different situations
- How to keep safe while babysitting
- How to care for children of all ages
- How to prevent problem behavior
- How to rescue a child or infant who is choking
- How to learn child and infant CPR techniques
- How to run a successful babysitting business
To become a Safe Sitter®, students must pass a written and practical exam. Parents and friends are invited to attend the graduation ceremony to recognize the Safe Sitters® at the end of the day.
How to Signup
The Safe Sitter course is available to young teens ages 11-14. Pre-registration is required as the class size is limited. Registration costs $60, which includes the cost of the official Safe Sitter® handbook. Scholarships are available to those who qualify.
Find an upcoming class »
Class space is limited, so registration is on first-come-first-serve basis. To register, send a completed
registration form and
media release form by fax to 254-724-0971 or email to
email@example.com at least one week prior to the class.
For more information, contact: